[Solved] LibreOffice 'w:cstheme redefine' Error SAXParse

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
sarthak04

[Solved] LibreOffice 'w:cstheme redefine' Error SAXParse

Post by sarthak04 »

Please help!

I have been working on a document for the past 2 weeks. Started off on my office computer, running windows 7, on Microsoft office, the file was saved to the default i.e. .docx; and later i took the document with me to work on my personal computer a mac, running mac OSX El Capitan, here i am using Libre office. Made changes and saved numerous time. Then suddenly i couldn't open the file on my mac and an error popped saying "SAXParseException:'[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:cstheme redefined', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 29232 (row,col)" on libre office. Next, I tried opening the on my office windows pc but it doesnt open.

I have no understanding of how to fix such an error, I did some reading online, tried using AOO and Windows Office word viewer but only the first page comes up. Please help me fix this it is very important that get this document back. :alarm:

This is my first post on this form. Hope some one can help by fixing the error.
Attachments
Blue times- Water Treatment Plant (Autosaved).docx
(72.29 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
robleyd

Re: LibreOffice 'w:cstheme redefine' Error SAXParse - Helple

Post by robleyd »

See if the attached document has all the formatting and content you expect.

I suggest you don't save documents in a mix of ODF and Microsoft formats; and you might also consider the Time stamped backup extension for multiple backups of your precious documents.
Attachments
blue.docx
(70.93 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice 'w:cstheme redefine' Error SAXParse

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
sarthak04

Re: LibreOffice 'w:cstheme redefine' Error SAXParse

Post by sarthak04 »

thanks a lot robleyd....you saved me a lot of trouble. Every thing looks as it was before the error. :bravo: :bravo:
Libre office 5.3.04
Mac OSX- El Capitan