[Solved] Entering metes and bounds for plotting old deeds

Discuss the drawing application
Shelbyw

[Solved] Entering metes and bounds for plotting old deeds

Post by Shelbyw »

I am trying to use Draw to plot out metes and bounds measurements. I have the scale set, but I need to know how to enter the metes and bounds measurements. An example would be: S 30 E 37 poles, N 60 E 262 poles, S 30 E 143 poles. A pole equals 16 feet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office version 4.1.1 on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5
RoryOF

Re: Entering metes and bounds for plotting old deeds

Post by RoryOF »

My immediate response is that you would be better advised to use a proper CAD program. It is 20 years since I used one, so I cannot suggest,
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Does reading the Draw User Guide help? See Chapter 10 - Drawing to scale on pages 172 - 180.

See DoubleCAD and Draftsight for free CAD packages.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Consider using Google Maps. A few resources to get you started:

A rather long-winded Youtube video (some course or public presentation with open discussion), perhaps useful if you sit through...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gci5qXFBtrQ

From the same source, a more concise writing about the subject, with a few links:
https://docplayer.net/13919301-Visualiz ... earth.html
Shelbyw

Post by Shelbyw »

Thank you so much! You are appreciated!
Open Office version 4.1.1 on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5
keme
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Entering metes and bounds for plotting old deed

Post by keme »

Note also that some government services and other "official bodies" have localized map solutions. They may be better than Google maps (topographic, historical, property and municipality planning info may be supplied with it, often in the form of overlays to the base map), but it is less likely to find help on the web, so you may have to figure out for yourself how (and whether) it can be used. See the web pages for your municipality (county, city, etc.) as well as pages from relevant national bodies (land survey/map development dept., or government pages in general).