If a thread is solved how do I go to the solution?

Let us know how we are doing -
shaner_g_yo@msn.com

If a thread is solved how do I go to the solution?

Post by shaner_g_yo@msn.com »

I see a thread as solved and want to immediately view the solution. How do I do that?
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: If a thread is solved how do I go to the solution?

Post by FJCC »

You just have to read the thread. People are often not careful about explaining what worked, so that might be difficult. I have also seen Solved used to mean "I give up".
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
shaner_g_yo@msn.com

FJCC wrote:You just have to read the thread. People are often not careful about explaining what worked, so that might be difficult. I have also seen Solved used to mean "I give up".
Thanks. That's a crappy way to have it work though. It should only say solved if it's solved and then should contain a link to the post containing the solution.

Pretty disappointing to hear that this forum is disorganized in the manner you described.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

We are always happy to accept the help of those who want to improve the site.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
shaner_g_yo@msn.com

Yep thanks. My design suggestion is as much help as I can offer. IMO to have threads marked as "Solved" when they aren't solved, and to not have a link to the information that made someone deemed the thread solved is a complete failure of design because it causes confusion and basically makes no sense lol

Like what's the point of marking a thread solved when it's not solved and then still having to read the whole thread instead of being shown the solution? That's basically turning a forum which is supposed to provide helpful information into the opposite. Sorry for the complaining, I am just absolutely baffled how it was implemented the way you describe.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In OpenOffice there are often many ways to achieve a solution to a problem; the entire thread will usually contain discussion on a range of these and will in any case be informative. If you don't find this useful, read the OO manuals and you probably won't need the forum..
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

If there was a link to the post that contained a solution (which the OP (Original Poster) could put in to their original topic), that doesn't mean that is the only solution.
Also, a solution that one person might understand, and use, someone else might not understand. Personally, if I don't understand a solution, I will opt for a solution I do understand or get an explanation of the solution so that I do understand it.
Using a solution that one doesn't understand can be a cause for further difficulties.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

OP just doesn't want to do any homework. Just have the answer ready to use and that's all.
Won't spent further time in such kind of discussion.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10