4.1.5 crashes in envelope mode

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
w2jo

4.1.5 crashes in envelope mode

Post by w2jo »

I just installed OO 4.15 tonight. Then I wrote a letter and tried to print an envelope in WINDOWS 10.
OO "remembered my LAST envelope" so I decided just to take my NEW outgoing address and "paste" it on top of the old address. I expected this would just overwrite the old address with the new.
But NO.. What it did is CRASHED OPEN OFFICE. From that point on I have:
1) Reinstalled OO 4.15 (crashes whenever I try to ERASE the old address and put in a new.
2) Tried to find ALL of the OO files and I deleted all I could fine EXCEPT for my letters. Then I REinstalled OO 4.15. As soon as I went to OO>Envelopes, the OLD ADDRESS APPEARED. And as soon as I tried to edit the old address with the new, OO crashed again. Where does OO hide the ENVELOPE file? I think I have to erase that file and I cannot find it.

Of course, this is a BUG in the OO program, maybe someone will take a look.

Thanks.

Joe
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
robleyd

Re: 4.1.5 crashes in envelope mode

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
oldgeezer56

Post by oldgeezer56 »

I have had the same problem for several releases. Trying to use any field after Insert/Envelope causes AOO to crash.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Please upload a small file showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.

If you are editing a 2 page letter called fred.odt and you go Insert > Envelope ..., AOO creates a new page formatted as the envelope you choose and fred.odt is now 3 pages long. There is no separate file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
cessna172k

Post by cessna172k »

I'm having the same issue with the envelope address box. Is there a fix? I'm not seeing it.
Open Office 4.1.6 Windows 10 home,