[Solved] Close Non-existant Host

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
TerryMaloney

[Solved] Close Non-existant Host

Post by TerryMaloney »

Using OpenOffice successfully for some time. Currently logon'd on wife's account. When I tried to open OpenOffice today a pop up displayed. "...Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user 'taryn2' closes OpenOffice.org on host 'macbook-air.attlocal.net'. Do you want to continue?" We just moved and changed service provider from ATT. Neither Chrome nor Safari have an old tab open to OpenOffice.org. Ignore the warning? If no, how do I close that host?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
/s/Terry Maloney
OpenOffice v 3.4.1
MacBookAir: MacBookAir4,2
macOS 10.13.6
robleyd

Re: Close Non-existant Host

Post by robleyd »

Sounds like you are using an old version of OpenOffice, as per your signature? Make sure that the user mentioned closes the OpenOffice application s/he has open.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Re: Close Non-existant Host

Post by MrProgrammer »

TerryMaloney wrote:Do you want to continue?" We just moved and changed service provider from ATT. Neither Chrome nor Safari have an old tab open to OpenOffice.org. Ignore the warning?
This has nothing to do with your web browser(s). See [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q17/A17.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).