Database Not Opening

Discuss the database features
qdaccounting

Database Not Opening

Post by qdaccounting »

Hi,

I need help!I created a database 2 months ago and have been using it and entering new information ever since. The last time I entered was this last Friday. I just opened the database to enter more new info and it is coming up with a window that says ASCII Filter options and no longer bringing up my database. I haven't done anything to my computer to make any major changes. I don't have a backup file either. Help!!
Thanks,
DV
Open Office 4 Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Database Not Opening

Post by UnklDonald418 »

The potential for data loss using the Embedded configuration of Base is an inherent issue from the very beginning, so there are numerous Base users that have experienced corrupted database files.
[Solved] Database unable to open

If you are lucky you might find a recent copy of your database saved by an automatic OpenOffice backup. Select Tools>Options>OpenOffice>Paths>Backups to find the folder where OpenOffice stores automatic backups on your computer. Navigate to that directory using Windows Explorer to see if there is something useful stored there.
If you don't find anything useful there you could try
[Tutorial] Recovering a damaged odb file

Because of the potential data loss problem, Base databases using the Embedded configuration should be backed up each time new data has been entered. To reduce the chance of the problem recurring you can use a split database configuration, but there are some trade-offs.
[Wizard] Create a new 'split' HSQL 2.x database
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11