Spreadsheet print problems with upgraded 4.1.5

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
sejintenej

Spreadsheet print problems with upgraded 4.1.5

Post by sejintenej »

Upgrade 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 on windows 10 64 bit.. Printer Canon MG4250 (latest software)

Despite Hagar's statement elsewhere 4.1.5 DID automatically upgrade - unfortunately.

I use a spreadsheet of 6 columns and up to about 220 lines. On 4.1.4 this printed quickly and absolutely reliably for many versions of input.. Today the program upgraded before I loaded an existing .ods spreadsheet to adjust the number of rows as follows:.
The cells are now formatted (with borders) to row 175, text/numerals now to row 158. I initially set up to print to and include row 158 but after previewing changed this to row 156 (otherwise I would have just one line on the last sheet of paper).

When I printed rows 1 to 156 I got rows 158 to row 175, a blank sheet, and those two repeated three times. No way will it print any other rows. Preview shows all four pages. This happens with both the print icon and also the print instruction on the file memnu

I checked with Canon (thanks to another bit of advice here) - the printer software is their latest for this model. A previous .odt writer file (created on 4.1.4) printed perfectly with version 4.1.5.

Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.
Openoffice 4.1.6
O/S Windows10 64 bit
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Spreadsheet print problems with upgraded 4.1.5

Post by John_Ha »

sejintenej wrote:Upgrade 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 on windows 10 64 bit.. Printer Canon MG4250 (latest software)

Despite Hagar's statement elsewhere 4.1.5 DID automatically upgrade - unfortunately.
I very much doubt that as there is no code in AOO to perform an automatic upgrade. You need to face reality and accept that you did it.

W10 upgrades have the habit of installing incorrect printer drivers - download the correct printer driver from Canon and install it.

Upload the file so it can be analysed. If the file has confidential material in it, you can obscure the contents without affecting the structure too much (lines will spill differently because different characters have different widths) by changing every alphabetic character to an " x " with

Edit > Find and Replace
Click More options
Tick Regular expressions
Select Values in Search in.
Find box [:alpha:]
Replace box x
click Replace all

The limit here is 128kB, or use a fileshare site like mediafire for larger files.

Your post is confusing. Are you running 4.1.4? or 4.1.5? or 4.1.6? Check by Help > About OpenOffice.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
sejintenej

Post by sejintenej »

problem solved.
a) DO NOT work immediately after the update.
b) Close the program down.
c) Reboot the PC /Laptop and reload the program
d) Print and it works.

I don't know why!
Openoffice 4.1.6
O/S Windows10 64 bit
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

sejintenej wrote:problem solved.
a) DO NOT work immediately after the update.
b) Close the program down.
c) Reboot the PC /Laptop and reload the program
d) Print and it works.

I don't know why!
That sounds like it was a Windows 10 update problem.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
sejintenej

Post by sejintenej »

Thanks all.
I had not used Open Office for a while and when I opened it it indicated that it had just been updated - hence my assumption that this was the latest version.

Windows update? I have to wonder because my laptop had been open for 24 hours and I had used another program immediately before opening OpenOffice. All's well that ends well though it did destroy umpteen sheets of paper!
Openoffice 4.1.6
O/S Windows10 64 bit