Calc Incompatibility with Excel When Editing Sheets

Discuss the spreadsheet application
delbue

Calc Incompatibility with Excel When Editing Sheets

Post by delbue »

Good Morning!

I am having a problem of incompatibility in exchanging files with my colleagues.
I create a spreadsheet in Calc, send to a Friend, This friend uses Excel, when he opens the spreadsheet, inserts information, saves and sends me back. I open this worksheet again in Calc and can not view the info my friend inseiru by Excel.
can it be some parameter in Calc?
Att
Delbue
Open Office 4.1.5 With Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Calc Incompatibility with Excel When Editing Sheets

Post by Zizi64 »

This friend uses Excel, when he opens the spreadsheet, inserts information, saves and sends me back.
What type of information they insert? Cell contents (numbers, texts, formulas)? Or comments?

What fileformast are you/they using: .xls, .ods, xlsx or other?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
delbue

Post by delbue »

Envio o arquivo salvo com a extensão .xls, O meu amigo preenche algumas células da planilha eletronica e me devolve o arquivo com a extensão .xls
Quando eu abri no Calc o documento está da mesma forma que eu enviei, porem se abro este mesmo arquivo com o Excel aparece os valores que meu amigo enviou preenchido
Open Office 4.1.5 With Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Google translator:
I send the saved file with the extension .xls, My friend fills some cells of the spreadsheet and returns me the file with the extension .xls
When I opened Calc the document is the same as I did, but if I open this file with Excel, the values that my friend sent filled up appear
Are you sure that you open really same document in Excel and OpenOffice?
Can you upload two sample files here (an original one and a modified one)?
Try the LibreOffice. It has a littlebit higher compatibility with the foreign, obsolete fileformats, like the binary .xls type.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.