[Solved]Setting Up Default Text Font & Size

Discuss the drawing application

[Solved]Setting Up Default Text Font & Size

Postby skuddle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm

I cannot find anything that would change the font and font size defaults in Draw from Liberation to some other font and font size. Is this possible and if so, how?
Last edited by skuddle on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Western Slope of Colorado
APP: OpenOffice 6.1.2.1
skuddle

Re: Setting Up Default Text Font & Size

Postby FJCC » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Select the menu Format -> Styles and Formatting. Right click on the Default style and select Modify. On the Font tab you can choose a font and size.
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Setting Up Default Text Font & Size

Postby skuddle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:03 am

Thank you very much for your reply! My version of LO (6.1.1.2) the menu structure is a bit different...

Format > Styles > Manage Styles > Then right click on Default (or any other item) and make the changes.

That works for the current document, but when I save it, then close and reopen LO, my default font is still Liberation. What am I doing wrong?
Western Slope of Colorado
APP: OpenOffice 6.1.2.1
skuddle

Re: Setting Up Default Text Font & Size

Postby FJCC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:45 am

You can save a blank document with the modified style as your default template. I don't have LibreOffice on the system I am on at the moment but in OpenOffice you can see the instructions for doing that in the Help under templates;editing and saving.
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Return to Draw