Export to blank PDF from Draw

Discuss the drawing application
djtdlg

Export to blank PDF from Draw

Post by djtdlg »

Hi there,

I have created a poster with text and graphics. When exporting to pdf/a-1a I got a blank PDF of 13kB. That is way too small. Then I installed OpenOffice on another computer and tried exporting again and it resulted in another blank PDF of 13kB.

When I choose: 'Embed this document inside the PDF' (translated by me from Dutch) it gives a PDF file op more than 4 Mb, but it still looks blank.

I opened it in Adobe Reader as well in Google PDF viewer (Chrome extension).

What am I doing wrong? It is obvious not the software, but the file or the way I export.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Export to blank PDF from Draw

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Have you tried exporting with one or more of those options unchecked?
I don't make PDF's often, but I usually find I have no problems going with the default settings, which, looking at the Export dialog, shows those items as unchecked.
If you still have problems and/or would like us to try, please attach the document you made in Draw. See viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8289 for information regarding attaching a document.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Export to blank PDF from Draw

Post by John_Ha »

1. Open the Draw file. Go File > Export as PDF. Set the General options as below. Click export.
Clipboard01.gif
I got a blank PDF of 13kB
If the Draw page is large be sure to zoom out in the PDF to see it!

Try with this .odg file - it uses an A0 page size. The PDF is good.

If there are still problems upload the .odg to a fileshare site so it can be analysed.

As the PDF is small, upload it here using the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max).
Attachments
test.pdf
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
test.odg
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.