Strange WMV behaviour in impress presentation

Discuss the presentation application
IanA

Strange WMV behaviour in impress presentation

Post by IanA »

Never had this problem before on any laptop or any version of OpenOffice but here it is. I have done lots of presentations over the years but about 6 months ago I bought a new Acer laptop and loaded OpenOffice 4.1.5 on it. I just tried running an old presentation (slide show) but when it comes to a slide with a video, the video reduces in size and when I connect via HDMI to the TV the slides with the reduced size videos on them don't appear at all on the TV. Strangely, if I come out of slide show, click on a slide with a video to view it then go back into slide show (so that the first slide in the show is the one with a video) it all works perfectly. I have tried reloading older versions of OpenOffice, including the one on which I originally created the problem presentation and I have the same problem. Just to clear my head I created a blank presentation with just 2 slides. The first slide just contained text and the second contained an animated/cartoon video. If I select the first slide (the one with text), go into slide show and then click to show the second (cartoon video) slide, the cartoon video reduces in size as described earlier with the older presentation. If I come out of slide show, select the cartoon video slide then go into slide show the cartoon video works perfectly.

To try to simplify this.....if I do a slide show where every slide contains a WMV video it all works perfectly. If I precede the first video slide with a non-video slide (e.g. text or image) and run a slide show starting with the non-video slide, the video slides all get reduced in size and appear towards the upper left of the screen. This never used to happen. One change recently has been that I now use a new Acer Aspire laptop but surely that could not be the cause? Can anyone help please?

Ian.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10 Home (Laptop Acer Aspire)