Open on one page view

Discuss the word processor
iwant

Open on one page view

Post by iwant »

about a month ago all my documents started opening as two page view rather than one page. I can now open a document, change the view to one page from two page, save and close it. Then open the same document a few minutes later to have it in two page view again.

It doesn't matter if I change the view with the view > zoom or by clicking on the little page marker on the lower right corner of the screen.

This has happened on both my computers - I do move documents back and forth os might have transferred something from one to the other as part of a document.

Some default or something has been changed. How do I change it back?

Thanks.
openoffice 4.1.2 on windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Open on one page view

Post by Zizi64 »

Check the "page view" icons near the zoom slider at the right-bottom corner of the application window. Click on the "single page view" icon.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Open on one page view

Post by John_Ha »

If you have inserted some text in Tools > Options > OpenOffice > User data - I think it requires it - then the one page, book view, 2,3,4,5 ..., pages setting is saved with the document you are editing when you save it.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.