Repeating frames

Using them, Making them, Finding them
barristerwa

Repeating frames

Post by barristerwa »

I am trying to make my own template to make legal pleading paper for my law practice. The pleading paper templates that I have found I don't like. I have made a good template by using frames on the right and left margins to create the lines and manually entered the numbers. Is there a way for those frames (and the contents in them) to automatically repeat themselves for each page as it is added (similar to the effect of footers)?

If there is a better way to accomplish this, I'm all ears.

If someone needs to see what my template looks like, let me know and I will attach it to an e-mail or something.

Thanks, David
OOo 2.3.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Windows
Hagar Delest

Re: Repeating frames

Post by Hagar Delest »

See (see: How to attach a document here), it may help to have a faster and better understanding of your exact need.

If you attach the frames to the headers/footers, the content will be the same for all your pages so I don't think that's what you want. You should perhaps look at the AutoText feature.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
barristerwa

Post by barristerwa »

As suggested, here is the copy of the template. The frames are not in the footer or header, they are on the margins.

David
Attachments
DCH Pleading Template.ott
(71.11 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you need the frame content to be always the same or not? If so, you just need to anchor the frame to the paragraph in the header or footer. If line number has to be incremented, you can use a number range (in addition with AutoText) to ease the manual line numbering.

Are they really line numbers or just 'pointers'?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
barristerwa

Post by barristerwa »

Yes, I need the frame content to always be the same. Yes, they are line numbers that I need; I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'pointers,' but it is the numbers that are needed.

I haven't tried "anchoring" anything, so I'm not sure I know what to do. If I do the manual numbering in my template and it is always the same for each page (ie., it starts back at "1" for each new page), then maybe I don't need to mess with AutoText . . . but, as you can tell, I really don't know what I'm talking about.

David
Hagar de l'Est wrote:Do you need the frame content to be always the same or not? If so, you just need to anchor the frame to the paragraph in the header or footer. If line number has to be incremented, you can use a number range (in addition with AutoText) to ease the manual line numbering.

Are they really line numbers or just 'pointers'?
RGB

Post by RGB »

barristerwa wrote:I haven't tried "anchoring" anything, so I'm not sure I know what to do.
Right click on the frame -> Anchor -> To paragraph. Then, cut the frame, click anywhere on the footer and paste. Now the frame "belongs" to the footer and will be replicated on all the pages.
DCH Pleading Template 2.ott
Fixed
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice