[Solved] Problem after installing OS12.0

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jrzjohn

[Solved] Problem after installing OS12.0

Post by jrzjohn »

After installing OS12.0 on my Mack when trying to open Ooo-dev is get a message Application cannot be started. A general error occurred while accessing your central configuration. The application was installed April 7, 2011
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
MacOS/ open office 00o-dev 3.40
RusselB

Re: Problem after installing OS12.0

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the forum.
While I'm not completely familiar with Macs, I believe that OS12 came out after the application installation date you have specified.
With that being the case, the more up to date OS might not recognize the older installation, and my recommendation would be to download the latest version of OpenOffice (currently version 4.1.5) and install it.
As the 4.x versions of OpenOffice store their user configurations in a different directory from that of the 3.x versions, I'd also recommend uninstalling the 3.40 version indicated by your forum signature.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jrzjohn

Post by jrzjohn »

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE
OS12.O is the latest version installed last week Sept 18, 2018.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Since OS12 is a recent release, I'm guessing based on the date you specified for the installation, there may be unexpected problems with any software that was released previous to the release date of OS12.
This is an, unfortunate, but realistic, problem of different companies releasing different software at different times.
It is impossible to guarantee that a program that works with an earlier version of any operating system will work with a more recent version, due unknown changes to the OS.
Your best bet is to try to keep all of your software as up-to-date as possible or keep back-ups of any programs that you find do work in case an updated version doesn't.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

The latest version of MacOSX seems to be 10.14, named Mojave, released on 24 September (according to Wikipedia). I second RusselB's suggestion to upgrade if you are still using AOO 3.4.0
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
jrzjohn

Post by jrzjohn »

I just Downloaded Apache Openoffice 4.1.5 When i tried to open it got "message "cant't be opened because it is from a unidentified developer" Sourceforge.net Looks like Apple doesn't want to support this anymore. Bummer
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This is caused by Apple's Gatekeeper
Solution at [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q05/A05
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jrzjohn

Post by jrzjohn »

RoryOF wrote:This is caused by Apple's Gatekeeper
Solution at [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q05/A05
:D :D Wonderfull Thank you so much. I followed the Tutorial Mac FAQ and got pass the APPLE Gatekeeper issue and am now back up using OPENOFFICE.
BTW Apple Care was of no help with this issue.
Again THANKS!!!
John