Customer invoicing system

Discuss the database features
benjammo

Customer invoicing system

Post by benjammo »

Hello
I've just started my own business and I am wanting to iron out how I do all my invocing etc.

I would like to have a database which holds all my customer info, one for invoices etc... the idea being I can either pull a customers info up from the database or create a new customer, include what work they want doing and a cost.

I then want to be able to print out on stanard letter headed paper their invoice, job sheets etc, mark as paid, deposit paid.
if possible I want to produre automatic reports for invoices outstanding after 28 days and produce a stadard letter ready to post all with as little input as possible.

I have never used base, or any datebase program, and have no idea where to start with this.

Also later down the line I will hopefully be emplying some staff and they will also need to have limited access to the datebase, mainly marking down the serial numbers of what they have fitted to the customers car, and if possible a photo of their work.

Is there anybody out there that can help me with this??? its taken all my brain power to just create a website using a template.
if anybody facncies having a go at making what I'm after I'm sure we can come to some agrement.. also if anybody is around the Wakefield to Rotherham areas and wants to discuss what I'm after over a pint, I'll Happily buy you one.

Thanks
Ben

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply [robleyd, Moderator]. Was NOOB without a clue
Open office 4.1.5 running on both Windows 7 home & XP black
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: NOOB without a clue

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There is a significant learning curve for database design. It is often offered as a multiple semester college course and what you are asking would be an advanced project there.
To get an idea what is involved, there is a tutorial on database design
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... torial.pdf
With no design skills, your best bet would be to do an internet search for "Free Invoicing Software" to see a number of options. There are also some low cost systems available.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11