Typeface Disappeared

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
CarolYvonne

Typeface Disappeared

Post by CarolYvonne »

I had created an address label using Copperplate Bold & had been using & printing it fine. However, the last time I tried to print it, the typeface disappeared from the list of faces. Does anyone know how to retrieve this typeface?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Typeface Disappeared

Post by RoryOF »

When you look at Windows Control panel, Fonts, does it show up there? If not, you need to install it to Windows.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Copperplate Bold isn't a font supplied with OpenOffice and it doesn't appear to be a font supplied with Microsoft products. If you had that font, then it was installed by some other program. If it is available as a free font, then a Google search should find where it can be downloaded.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
CarolYvonne

Post by CarolYvonne »

Thank you for your replies. No, the font does not appear in the Windows Control Panel of fonts at this time.
I am seeing it as a Microsoft product on my end. When I made the address label in Open Office, Copperplate Bold was listed. It was on my computer when I purchased it & have used it for years. I don't really have many other programs with typefaces. I have found it online, however, I was hoping there was another fix.
I tried to restore default font settings in Windows as it was suggested online, but it did not solve the problem.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

CarolYvonne wrote:I am seeing it as a Microsoft product on my end.
Microsoft's typography site does not list Copperplate Bold as a Microsoft product. It does list Copperplate Gothic, but Windows 98 Second Edition was the last version of Windows to include Copperplate Gothic.
Fonts and supported products
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

From memory it was available with CorelDraw - I'm thinking back to 1990-2000 period, after which my use of CorelDraw ceased.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS