[Solved] Customizing Font Colors?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Seanadeus

[Solved] Customizing Font Colors?

Post by Seanadeus »

Hey everyone...

I've actually been using Open Office for several years, but I've recently come across something that I can't seem to find a clear answer to on any of the guides or forum posts so far. I'm hoping someone else has figured this one out and can help me out...

So I'm working for a corporation that has a very specific logo, with colors that they feel are important to their logo to be EXACTLY the same anywhere products affiliated with them show up. I can figure out the EXACT hex code for their colors easily enough, (blue = 003263 and red = 8A1B04), but I can't find ANYWHERE that I can truly control the colors of my fonts. With illustrator or a variety of programs, I can just access the colors for any given object and enter the hex code or CMYK or HSBRGB values and >poof< I'm now using that color.

When I try to change the font color on OpenOffice, I have an array of colors available, but I can't find a place to CUSTOMIZE any of those colors, or assign my own specific color.

Is there something I'm missing, or a secret method someone knows that I can't seem to find?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
Junebug
OpenOffice version 4.1.2
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
FJCC

Re: Customizing Font Colors?

Post by FJCC »

You can define a color by going to the menu Tools -> Options, expanding the OpenOffice list and choosing Colors. There are buttons there for modifying and editing. I have never played with it very much.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

See also: [Solved] Smooth colors in OpenOffice.
There are some hints about file location for the palette and so on. You can tweak the configuration file to have custom colors and names. It may be identical to the customization through the interface but I've never played with this feature in fact.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Seanadeus

Post by Seanadeus »

AHA!!! The link provided by Hagar: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14529 had the answer!!! Well, sort of...

In the same place where you can upload an entire color palette, there is ALSO a button to do things like simply "Add," "Edit," "Modify," etc, any given color.

I chose ADD, which wanted me to create a new name to define it (see how I used "AmeriClaim Blue"). Then I had to select "EDIT" which gave me a color picker dialog window where I could input the hex code or chose my color in whichever manner I wanted. Select OK to confirm the color in the color picker, but then you must also select MODIFY from the original "Area>Colors" window to confirm the new color, and select okay.

Then once the palette had been changed, I can enter text and change the color by normal methods.

That was the trick! I had to get away from text editing, and go to a graphic editing area that allowed greater control over the colors. Then those colors were available when I went back to editing text! EUREKA!!!

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll update to say solved.
Attachments
Color Definition Window.jpg
Junebug
OpenOffice version 4.1.2
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6