Corrupted file (.xlsm)

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
voldem

Corrupted file (.xlsm)

Post by voldem »

Hi!

In attached file lines from 38 to 121 are almost w/o data. But there were data before saving the file. Saved file and backup file are the same. With corrupted data. Is there any chance to recover file? PLS help. I will very apprechiate.
Attachments
КрДостоприм3.xlsm
(33.87 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: SOS! PLS HELP! Corrupted file

Post by FJCC »

I looked at the content.xml file within your file and I do not see any data beyond what is visible when I open your file with OpenOffice. Maye someone else knows more than me but I believe your data are gone.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

=COUNTA(A1:L121) => 345
with LibreOffice 5.4
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
voldem

Post by voldem »

RoryOF wrote:I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.
Columns from A to L, Lines from 1 to 121, LibreOffice 5.4. Its very simple spreadshit. If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

It was an Excel sheet with macros. Microsoft Excel Viewer can't open this particular file. I would think it is corrupted one way or the other.
xlsm is one of the most convoluted and complex file formats ever. It is impossible that this is a very simple spreadsheet.
If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.
Copy, Edit>Paste-special text. There is not a single number in this calculation sheet.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
voldem

Post by voldem »

Villeroy wrote:It was an Excel sheet with macros. Microsoft Excel Viewer can't open this particular file. I would think it is corrupted one way or the other.
xlsm is one of the most convoluted and complex file formats ever. It is impossible that this is a very simple spreadsheet.
If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.
Copy, Edit>Paste-special text. There is not a single number in this calculation sheet.
I dont understand ( it it possible to recover any data in lines 38-121? copy/paste doesn't work (
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

There are 345 text values in A1:L121. That's all.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

voldem wrote:
RoryOF wrote:I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.
Columns from A to L, Lines from 1 to 121, LibreOffice 5.4. Its very simple spreadshit. If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.
I can't do it - at present I have limited close-up vision post cataract operations and am managing with ad-hoc close up spectacles, pending receiving prescription glasses for close-up; This limits my computer and detailed work.

Use a zip utility to unzip the .xlsm file, and examine sheet1.xls which you will find within it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS