Chart Wizard not so wizardy

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jans

Chart Wizard not so wizardy

Post by jans »

I have two Calc columns of information. I want a column-style chart showing the first column of info (on my sheet) as the x (horizontal) axis, and the second column of info as the y (vertical) axis. The y axis should be showing percentage values, which means the numbers should go up to 100, or at least the highest value in my data set.

In a wizard, selecting both columns together, then generating a chart from it should display a chart that shows that information. It should display it in any chart format I choose. And the entire process should take about half a minute.

Instead I get a chart which shows values that are not even in my data. Eg., a y axis that shows values up to 12 (?) and an x axis that seems to want to show the sheet row count.

Where is the '12' coming from? There is no value or quantity of 12 in my data set.
open office 4.11 Win 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Chart Wizard not so wizardy

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
FJCC

Re: Chart Wizard not so wizardy

Post by FJCC »

I agree an example file would be very helpful. Without one, my first guess is that on the second page of the wizard you need to select First Column as Label
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.