Calc Help

Discuss the spreadsheet application
IgnorantCarbon

Calc Help

Post by IgnorantCarbon »

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place or been answered many times, but im not sure of the correct terminology to even search for answers.

So I have a sheet with a weekly roster (staff names in cells related to shifts) and id like o populate a daily 'task list' from the roster sheet. For example, I'd like to be able to ope the task list every day and have it update the required staff from the roster. I can link cells, I just dont know how to link one cell in the task list to different cells on the roster sheet dependant on the day.

Is this possible? Is the question clear enough? Many thanks in advance.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 with Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Calc Help

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps if you were to upload a sample spreadsheet showing how you have organised your data and showing what results you hope to achieve?

[Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here. The link also contains information on how to anonymise your document if it contains confidential information.

Are you really using the very old version 3.1? If not could you please update your signature to show your actual version, so we can advise you correctly. How to update your signature
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
IgnorantCarbon

Post by IgnorantCarbon »

Thank you, updated signature and attached what I have so far.

Hopefully you can see, sheet 2 will be populated manually every week and my aim is to open sheet 1 in the morning, it matches today's date with the column from sheet 2, then populates the cells with the corresponding staff member.
I know this may seem a little convoluted for such a simple spreadsheet.

Thanks again
Attachments
Untitled 111.ods
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
OpenOffice 4.1.5 with Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Calc Manual, the Calc Tutorials and the Calc Functions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Press F1 to access the Help screen and search for your problem

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.