Create Mailing Labels from existing Table

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
WMEades

Create Mailing Labels from existing Table

Post by WMEades »

I have a standard table in OO, and I'd like to create mailing labels from this table. I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but having no luck. Suggestions?
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: Create Mailing Labels from existing Table

Post by foxcole »

Please first read the Survival Guide and provide the requisite details. (It's easiest to put them in your profile signature like I have, then you don't have to provide them every time you ask a question.) My sig provides a link to this guide.

Please next see the Writer Guide (either the online version or the PDF, both available through the links in my sig) chapter 11, "Using Mail Merge" which will give you details about what can be used as a data source for mailing labels, and how to use them.

If you don't want to use mail merge, then your only option is to adjust the table so its row, column and cell dimensions match up with the mailing label sheet (print on plain paper and hold it behind the label sheet up to a light, to ensure they align correctly).

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit