Save causes NeoOffice to get stuck

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
SledgeFix

Save causes NeoOffice to get stuck

Post by SledgeFix »

Hi everybody,

I've a problem with a single 4-sheets' NeoOffice file: every save (or autosave) operation causes the App to get stuck, with a huge amount of CPU usage (Activity Monitor display up to 199% :shock: , the App red and "not responding") for about 20-30". Then, everything come back to "normality"... until next save! :evil:

I've looked for and tried a lot, but... Nothing helped.

Any hint?

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my poor english).
NeoOffice 2017.10 --- macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
MrProgrammer

Re: Save causes NeoOffice to get stuck

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
SledgeFix wrote:NeoOffice file: every save (or autosave) operation causes the App to get stuck, with a huge amount of CPU usage (Activity Monitor display up to 199%, the App red and "not responding") for about 20-30".
You didn't say what you've tried so read [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q02/A02, Q28/A28, Q34/A34. Also try rebooting your Mac.

If your file is not on your Mac's internal drive (for example some "cloud" connection or external device) verify that the problem can be reproduced with a file on your Mac's internal drive, the one where Mac OS X is installed. OpenOffice was not designed with cloud storage in mind. I do not know about NeoOffice, but I suspect cloud stoage was not considered in its design either.

If you have chosen to run anti-virus software on your Mac, disable (consult Apple's documentation) your internet connection (for safety), disable the anti-virus software you installed (consult its documentation), and try to reproduce the problem. You'll probably want to enable that software again before enabling the internat connection.

If only a single document has this difficulty, try creating a new document, Copy/Paste the material into it, and see if the problem continues with the new document. There are plenty of reports of difficulty concerning documents which originated (or have been modified by) Microsnot's Excel, which can make a mess of the internal file structure. I don't remember if any reports described lengthy Save operations as a symptom. Even if it takes you ten minutes to Copy/Paste that may be less time than you'd spend on further research.

I suggest that you look other posts in this forum to see if you can find one which matches your symptoms. You are the person who is most likely to find it since there may be symptoms which you will recognize that you have not previously considered as relevant to the issue. Review the other material in Mac FAQ. Perhaps something there, unrelated to this problem, will help you.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).