Can you make the Grid dots bigger?

Discuss the drawing application
OifHunter

Can you make the Grid dots bigger?

Post by OifHunter »

So I switch on the grid to make it visible.. the problem for me is that its mostly still invisible - the dots are very small - is there someway to make them bigger? (perhaps change color)
OOo 2.0.X on Ms Windows XP
bobban
Volunteer

Re: Can you make the Grid dots bigger?

Post by bobban »

Looks like all you can do is change the colour. Changing the colour from the default grey to black may be of help. I quote from the manual (RTFM?):
Set the grid color on Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Appearance
Make sure you set the grid for the correct type of document from this list as option as there are a few occurrences of it (text doc, drawing doc).
OOo 3.1.1 on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Post by acknak »

The grid point are much easier to see in the most recent versions of OOo--since 3.0, I think.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
OifHunter

Post by OifHunter »

bobban wrote:(RTFM?):
I think the manual is confusing and unhelpful. Not helped by the fact the programs does just have their options, but apparently they options for everything in the universe. Not helping.

You did though, thanks for that (though black isn't that much better, it helps somewhat)

(And Acknack, I'm using the portable version - don't know if the 3.0 version has been been made portable)
OOo 2.0.X on Ms Windows XP
bobban
Volunteer

Post by bobban »

OifHunter wrote:I think the manual is confusing and unhelpful. Not helped by the fact the programs does just have their options, but apparently they options for everything in the universe. Not helping.
Fair enough, you wouldn't be the first to not find what you after in that. It's surprising how often it will give out some good information though. :)
OOo 3.1.1 on Ms Windows XP
gnuarm

Post by gnuarm »

Yeah, seems this is a problem nearly 10 years later. I don't understand how such a glaring problem can be ignored. The grid dots are just too small. Maybe we would have better luck requesting a new color that is blacker than black???

Rick C.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Maybe we would have better luck requesting a new color that is blacker than black???
The grid dots in black look well on my display :
Grid_dots_in_black.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.