[Solved] Can't write Arabic on 4.1.5

Discuss the word processor
baccaraty

[Solved] Can't write Arabic on 4.1.5

Post by baccaraty »

Hello I have OpenOffice ver 4.1.5 installed on my computer and I can write English with no problem but If I start to type Arabic text, the font change to square and can't be read ... is there any way I can type Arabic as well as English and both be saved for further work ... thanks in advance .
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Can't write Arabic on 4.1.5

Post by Zizi64 »

Hello I have OpenOffice ver 4.1.5 installed on my computer and I can write English with no problem but If I start to type Arabic text, the font change to square and can't be read ... is there any way I can type Arabic as well as English and both be saved for further work ...
You must use/install full featured Unicode fonts that contain the arabic characters.

You need install the arabic language tools for the AOO/LO, and the arabic keyboard layout for the operating system.

And finally you need apply some settings for the language of the applied paragraph styles, and for the righ-to-left writing.

The installer of the LibreOffice contains all of the requirements (related to the office suite) for your task.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
baccaraty

Post by baccaraty »

Thanks for your reply ... but I have openoffice and I think is different than Libreoffice is the same ... and may I ask where can I down load the full featured Unicode fonts ? thanks again
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The site of the portable Libreoffice contains a zip file of free/opensource Unicode fonts.
https://portableapps.com/apps/office/li ... e_portable
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/porta ... _fonts.zip
You can install them to your operating system.

But i suggest you again: try the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
baccaraty

Post by baccaraty »

Thanks again for your reply.... I download Libreoffice 6.0 and every thing went perfect as I can write and save ... Thanks for your kind help .
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1