[Solved]Control File → Open dialog sort order

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
davidoo

[Solved]Control File → Open dialog sort order

Post by davidoo »

my machine: MAC running El Capitan 10.11.6, & OO33m20

For years when I clicked OPEN, I got a list of my files by the date of the last change. Now, instead, the date is by Date Created.

Using iDrive, I receive no notice of file backups on changed files. I still get backup notices of new files.

Is it possible to change that directory field heading back to Date Modified? I think that is why iDrive doesn't see changes.

Any help understanding this issue is immensely appreciated.

Dave

**My thanks to everyone who responded. I went in to the OO dialog box and reset it to use OO.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
osx el capitan
OOO330m20
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: OO file list field went from Date Modified to Date Creat

Post by Zizi64 »

For years when I clicked OPEN, I got a list of my files by the date of the last change. Now, instead, the date is by Date Created.
Are you using the dialogs of the operating system, or the dialogs of the AOO/LO?

(Tools/Preferences - Options - General...)
AOO_dialogs.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

For the Mac, see [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q37/A37 and Q00/A00 as the menu choices are slightly different.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

davidoo wrote:For years when I clicked OPEN, I got a list of my files by the date of the last change. Now, instead, the date is by Date Created.
I will assume you are using the native Open//Save dialog (see Q37/A37), not the OpenOffice dialog. To display the list by Date Modified, click that column heading. To reverse the order, click again.
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 09.45.51 .png
If the field you want isn't shown, enable display of that field. This is just part of the standard Mac file dialog procedure. Perhaps visit your local library and borrow one of the many Introduction/Switching to Mac books. Almost any of these books (titles vary), even one several years old, will be fine, since the basics haven't changed for many years.
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 09.46.20 .png
davidoo wrote:Using iDrive, I receive no notice of file backups on changed files. I still get backup notices of new files.
That is an iDrive issue. Use a web search to look for solutions or find a support forum for Apple software.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).