OpenOffice Logo

Talk about anything at all....
mikyatope

OpenOffice Logo

Post by mikyatope »

hi, I only want to comment an issue about the OpenOffice logo.

The case is that the birds in the logo, are very similar to the right-wing political spanish party "Partido Popular"
openoffice-logo.png
logo_pp1.gif
logo_pp1.gif (4.31 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
I understand that now it's not easy to remodelate that design, moreover, it's very unpolite ask to do something like that. I only want to say that, because some spanish users may feel unfortable with that, and because, that, maybe, could be taken into account in a possible future remodelation of the logo

sorry for the bothers
 Edit: Hagar: cropped and embedded the files (were linked to 3rd party site). 
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.x
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice Logo

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, I don't think we can mix them (and seagulls are always by pair for OOo). But you can file a report: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: OpenOffice Logo

Post by acknak »

It's a little hard for me to see that someone would actually think these two are linked, just because of the bird shapes.

However, as far as I know, there's no requirement that anyone has to use the OOo logo in promoting or labeling OOo. You (or anyone) is completely free to design your own logo and use it to promote OOo in your market. The only problem regarding the "official" logo would be if you wanted to use the OOo logo to promote something that wasn't actually OOo, or if it included some kind of malware,or something like that.

In other words, you can use a different logo to label the authentic OOo, but you can't use the official logo to label something that's not authentic OOo.

I'm no expert here, this is just a layman's guess. If anyone knows something different, please correct!
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23