Web Design?

Talk about anything at all....
dawuddustin

Web Design?

Post by dawuddustin »

Hey guys do you know any free application that helps with web design? If I'd want to create a site like http://www.sellist.com what would be the best application that you suggest?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic locked, since it seems to attract discussion not related to this forum -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Web Design?

Post by Zizi64 »

The Apache Openoffice and the LibreOffice are not Webdesign tools, and they are not the best HTML editors.
Use the Google to search such softwares.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
bitcohen

Post by bitcohen »

Hi!
Best web design software are, Web Easy Professional, Website X5 Evolution, Expression Studio4, Antenna web design studio, Actinic Business , Adobe Dreamweaver, Visual site design
Windows 10 Office 4.1.1
dawuddustin

Post by dawuddustin »

Zizi64 wrote:The Apache Openoffice and the LibreOffice are not Webdesign tools, and they are not the best HTML editors.
Use the Google to search such softwares.

Why do you say Openoffice and the LibreOffice are not suitable?
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 8
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Because they don't provide the full range of functionality that a dedicated HTML editor provides. For the sort of task you are looking at, you will need something that integrates your HTML editor with whatever web scripting language you decide to use to make a dynamic site.

You are probably better off asking on a forum that deals more directly with web development - a quick web search turns up a few possibilities.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Why do you say OpenOffice and the LibreOffice are not suitable?
Because they are Office Suites, but not Webdesign tools...

Do you want to make a brain surgery with a metal hammer?
- You can open a skull bone with a hammer
- You can modify the brain tissue with a hammer.
Then why not??? :lol:

The hammer is not developed for the brain surgery.
However, it is great to insert rivets or for work with steel structures. :super:
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
kerrylowes

Post by kerrylowes »

There are many designing tools like Adobe's Dreamweaver CS5, Adobe Muse, PaintShop Pro and Sketch. Adobe's Dreamweaver CS5 is a full-featured WYSIWYG editor that allows you to design visually as well as directly within the code. However, you need to spend some bucks to use them. I personally suggest you to take professional's help for designing a good website :geek:

Good luck!!! :super:
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Windows XP
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

Well, I'm not much interested in Web design. Thus I used LibreOffice / OpenOffice for a few web pages I created. Even concerning my very simple tasks I had to manually rework the html code subsequently to get the minimal functionality I wanted to achieve.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
ankit3302

Post by ankit3302 »

For web designing, you'll need certain tools and some programming language knowledge. For tools, you can use Adobe dreamweaver, Paintshop etc. Along with that you should know programming languages like HTML along with CSS and BOOTSTRAP. You can learn these languages on some online portals as Tutorials point, W3schools,Udemy etc.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10