[Solved] Data in Grid Form during scroll

Creating and using forms
BaaNer

[Solved] Data in Grid Form during scroll

Post by BaaNer »

Hi guys
I am pretty new in OO Base (moved over from another Database Program)
But with some youTube Tutorials and your Forum here I think I got some Basics (for sure a lot of things are different or still open)

As I learned within this Forum, that OO does not display all Records within a Form (grid), I took the second Advice to scroll :|
When I do this within the slide bar, I am getting pretty weired Data within my Grid (see attached FormGrid 03 - FormGrid 01 is the normal (expected) one)
I get this, when I clicked into the scroll bar and moved up then again with the slider

Is this only for me so or can this be reproduced?
I am using AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10

thx for your Help (is not that urgent, as normally I use (need to use) 'Last Record Button')
br
Attachments
Error view
Error view
Expected view
Expected view
Last edited by robleyd on Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
Libre Office 6.0.5.2 & OpenOffice 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Data in Grid Form during scroll

Post by RPG »

BaaNer wrote:I get this, when I clicked into the scroll bar and moved up then again with the slider
This does only move the window and not the record pointer.
BaaNer wrote:Is this only for me so or can this be reproduced?
There it seemes me the normal working it can be reproduced.

For moving the record pointer click on the arrows below the grid.

Most of the time it is better to filter your record set. When the record set is small then select the record you want. For me it is always important to filter and sort the record set so you easy select the record you want. What is the best way to filter your record set depends of different things. But I have learned: learn it first. Learn all the buttons and then you also learn what is the best method for you.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The problem goes away when you limit the rows to hundreds instead of thousands, one way or the other.
In my form I added WHERE DateDiff('dd', "Date Column", CURRENT_DATE)<100. Nobody is interested in data older than 3 months.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
BaaNer

Post by BaaNer »

thx to all for your Time and Advice's
I have only 435 Records within this set and all are Valid (no outdated)
the Intention of this Form was to get an Overview of all my Loko's with the Capability to select a specific Record within the Grid Form to get all Details for one Record instead of the need for 'prefiltering' (Honestly speaking I even don't know before entering this Form which Record I want to see, change, update or append a new one)
br
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

OT
That looks almost but not quite like a Beyer Garratt; what is it?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

When a table control on a Base form loads data from a database table it often does not read all the rows in the result set.
For instance looking at the Navigation bar on your second image it says Record 2 of 78, which indicates that it only read 78 rows.
Looking at the Navigation bar on your first image where you have used the scroll bar it says Record 6 of 164.
If you were to scroll down further the last row number would increase again but probably still not to ”435”.
When you scroll up in a table control it uses the internally stored Row and RowCount numbers to calculate which rows to display, but if RowCount isn't Final (435 in this case) then the row calculations are incorrect and displayed rows will reflect that error.
If you use the navigation buttons to jump to the last row then the RowCount number will be Final so the calculations will be correct as will the displayed rows.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
BaaNer

Post by BaaNer »

Hi UnklDonald
that is exactly what I figured out - with Last Record it gives me no Error
any chance to fix this ;-)?
br
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I don't think there have been any updates to AOO Base in past 10 years.
I haven't noticed that problem using Libre Office.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
BaaNer

Post by BaaNer »

Hi David
To your Question - this is a German Express Loco 01
http://www.eisenbahn-museumsfahrzeuge.c ... aureihe-01
But sorry is only in German :-(
br
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

I think it is not easy for starters to filter the data in such a way that you get the end result you want. For me it was not easy to understand what I can do with the main-form and sub-form. I mean forms as you see in the form-navigator. Study the help-files about details of the data-form as you see in the form-navigator.

It is also important to understand a little about SQL. Data-forms as you see in the form navigator are for displaying the results of queries.
Data-forms, main-forms and sub-form are all equal. They are forms as you can see in the form-navigator.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
BaaNer

Post by BaaNer »

Hi UnklDonald
As you mentioned, this is not happening in LibreOffice
looks they solved this Bug there - thx for your Advise
Case solved