[Solved] LibreOffice Impress layout changes after upgrade

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
marcinkk

[Solved] LibreOffice Impress layout changes after upgrade

Post by marcinkk »

Hi,

I am using now LibreOffice 5.2. I have the presantation made in this version of Impress or maybe even in earlier version. After upgrading to version 5.3 the layout of text in the slides have changed. The problem exists in the version 6.0 too. It is visible on the attaches files:

Screen from LibreOffice 5.2:
slide from LO 5.2
slide from LO 5.2
Screen from LibreOffice 6.0:
slide from LO 6.0
slide from LO 6.0
It is not the problem of Windows 10. I've made a second screenshot on Windows 10 with newly installed LO 6.0, but some time ago I've upgraded LO from 5.2 to 5.3 on Windows 7. When I saw that slides do not look like expected then I made a downgrade to 5.2 and everything returned to normal.

Is it a bug in new LO? Maybe some default setting has changed?

Cheers,
Marcin
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
LibreOffice 5.2 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: LibreOffice Impress layout changes after upgrade.

Post by RoryOF »

A changed interline spacing in your text style?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
marcinkk

Post by marcinkk »

Yes, "only" interline spacing is changed, but I have a lot of slides.

I can correct the whole presentation to get the required appearance. But I thought that something like "interline spacing" is written somewhere in the file and it should look the same in all versions of OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

Something was changed in the Impress that changed the look of the slides :( The file format has changed? The file format is interpreted differently?

Some day I will find some time to correct all slides in the new LibreOffice. Unfortunately, this little problem makes me have an old version :(
Maybe it can be changed with "only 3 clicks"?
marcinkk

Post by marcinkk »

I had a while and I've made another test in newer LibreOffice - 5.4.7, the last version working on XP:

I've opened my presentation and seen interline changed :( So I've opened the "Style Editor" (F11) and changed "Interline spacing" from "Single" to "Proportional 130%" in most of styles. I regained the previous appearance of my presentation after this operation.
Then: The presentation was saved and reopened in LO 5.2 and I've seen huge interlines - 30% higher than original ;)

So it looks like there were a major change in LO, between 5.2 and 5.3 versions, in interpretation of "Interline spacing" value :(
Old slides can be corrected relatively quickly, but the behavior of Impress is rather unexpected :(

I'm using polish version of LO and I made own translation to English of menu/options names when writing the post ... I hope properly.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

marcinkk wrote:Is it a bug in new LO? Maybe some default setting has changed?
The other possibility is that it was a bug in the old LO that rounded up the interline spacing. There was such a bug with the interline spacing settings in the paragraph dialog which was fixed in LO 5.3.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
marcinkk

Post by marcinkk »

I think, that it is the source of my problem:
Bill wrote:The other possibility is that it was a bug in the old LO that rounded up the interline spacing. There was such a bug with the interline spacing settings in the paragraph dialog which was fixed in LO 5.3.
And just to close the topic:

The hint with styles modification gave mi simple and useful solution to "fix" all my presentations after the LO was fixed :) Thanks.