[Solved] How to convert without LO or OO installation

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
heo.geoyeo

[Solved] How to convert without LO or OO installation

Post by heo.geoyeo »

Hi.
I tried to convert doc, xls file to odt, ods and it is successful in my java application with LO \program\classes\*.jar file and LO installation.
But, I would like to ask it is possible to convert file without LO or OO installation only using jar files.
Is there any way to convert file only using jar files?
Last edited by heo.geoyeo on Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on WINDOWS 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to convert without LO or OO installation

Post by Zizi64 »

Maybe you can do it with the usage of the online converters.
I do not think, if you can open the binary .doc, .xls files without an office suite pack.
The description of these fileformats was "secret" (was not published) in the past. The conversion feature of the older OpenOffice.org was developed by "reverse engineering method".

The .docx and .xlsx file formats have XML based description method. Maybe it is easier to convert to an another XML based format (.odt, ods) witout an office suite. But the two (Strict and Transitional) versions of the OOXML Standard will cause some difficulty for you.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
heo.geoyeo

Post by heo.geoyeo »

Could I ask something more?
I' tried to make a java application for converting xls2ods, doc2odt using LO or OO jar files (not LO or OO installation, only using jar files).
But it did not work when there are no LO or OO.
There are no ways to use the LO or OO java API without LO or OO installation?
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Why make life so hard for yourself?

1. Install AOO or LO.
2. File > Wizards > Document converter. Navigate to the folder containing the files to be converted.
3. Uninstall AOO or LO.

All done ... and more quickly than posting here!

If you want to persist, see the Macros and UNO API forum and read Andrew Pitoynak's Useful Macro Information for OpenOffice.org at http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php excellent reference for macros which discusses opening and saving files.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
Attachments
Clipboard01.gif
Last edited by John_Ha on Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
heo.geoyeo

Post by heo.geoyeo »

John_Ha wrote:Why make life so hard for yourself?

1. Install AOO or LO.
2. File > Wizards > Document converter. Navigate to the folder containing the files to be converted.
3. Uninstall AOO or LO.

All done ... and more quickly than posting here!
That's not I want. I want to make a java application for converter using \classes\*.jar without installation OO.
I asked related with dependency.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See edited information about macros.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.