Moving Rows Up/Down In A Table Column

Talk about anything at all....
Castleton

Moving Rows Up/Down In A Table Column

Post by Castleton »

I understand that there isn't a way to move a row up/down in a table column, which really is a basic function that needs to be included in OpenOffice. Are there plans to to implement this function in future releases?
Thank you. Peace out, Sean.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Moving Rows Up/Down In A Table Column

Post by Zizi64 »

I understand that there isn't a way to move a row up/down in a table column, which really is a basic function that needs to be included in OpenOffice. Are there plans to to implement this function in future releases?
Did you meant a Writer table, a Calc table or a Base table?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

For the Calc rows:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84112

Click on the row header (select the whole row), then

ALT + Drag the Row (ALT + Left click on the row + Drag: do it on a selected cell, but not on the row header)
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Castleton

Post by Castleton »

Thank you for your response. But that isn't what I am inquiring about. I simply want to be able to move a row of data up or down within a column.

Example:

I'd like to be able to grab any of these lottery numbers and move them up or down within a column. I read recently that OpenOffice did not have this function, So as a result, I have been using Notepad++ alongside OpenOffice, as it has this
function.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

It looks like you're talking about moving a cell rather than a full row.
In Calc, you need to right click on the row where you want the information moved to, and select Insert Row... then select the cell you want to move, press Ctrl+X (to cut), select the cell in that same column where you inserted the row and press Ctrl+v (paste)... this will leave you with an blank cell where the data used to be... you can put other data into it, or delete the row by right clicking in the cell and selecting Delete.
It is my understanding that a Writer table would work in a similar manner.
I don't have enough knowledge of Base to state if that would be the same or not.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

So as a result, I have been using Notepad++ alongside OpenOffice, as it has this function.
I suppose (based on the quoted sentence) you meant: the "table" is a Writer (text) table.
Please give us some more details: please upload an ODF type sample with the "before" and the "after" state of the table, where the table contains some data be moved and some static data in its cells.

Then we will know what you want to achieve really...