Corrupted files

Discuss the word processor
coolmanoh

Corrupted files

Post by coolmanoh »

Ever since I upgraded OpenOffice to 4.1.15 I occasionally get the following error message when I open a document:

The file XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.odt is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. OpenOffice can try to repair the file.

The corruption could be the result of document manipulation or of structural document damage due to data transmission.

We recommend that you do not trust the content of the repaired document. Execution of macros is disabled for this document.

What is meant by "document manipulation" and "damage due to data transmission"? How can I prevent this error from occurring?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 7
Acer laptop, Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Corrupted files

Post by John_Ha »

Upload a small document file (eg .odt) showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max) or use a file share site for a larger file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
coolmanoh

Post by coolmanoh »

What "Upload attachment tab"?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 7
Acer laptop, Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab below the box where you type the reply.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

coolmanoh wrote:What "Upload attachment tab"?
As per the image; click Browse to locate the file and then Add the file
Attachments
upload_file.png
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers