[Solved] Unable to open database

Creating tables and queries
montemace

[Solved] Unable to open database

Post by montemace »

I receive an error message when trying to create a database. Message says I need to have Java Runtime Environment. I have the current version of Java installed. I am able to use Open Writer and Open Calc just fine. Help please. Monte
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 3.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Unable to open database

Post by RoryOF »

You need to download and install a 32 bit Java; it will have 586 in its filename. Once installed you select it (on first use) in OpenOffice /Tools /Options/ OpenOffice /Java.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
montemace

Post by montemace »

Thanks very much. I installed the 32 bit version and looked for it under Tools/Options but don't see it. I tried copying the file into the Java folder but it doesn't show up and I repeatedly get the error message saying there's no JRE file found. I'm stumped
montemace

Post by montemace »

I discovered the problem is with my laptop computer. Database works on my desktop computer. If anyone knows a fix for my laptop, thank you in advance
montemace

Post by montemace »

I was able to fix the problem and I will post how I solved it in order to hopefully help someone else. I realized I had version 3.1 of Open Office on my laptop. I downloaded the current version and the fix was as simple as that. The database worked perfectly.