OO 5.4.5.1 - Web Wizard - None Shown in the Pull down menu

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
kmghondo

OO 5.4.5.1 - Web Wizard - None Shown in the Pull down menu

Post by kmghondo »

Hello,
I've been using OO for about 9 years now. Great stuff. However I have never used the Wizards...specifically the Web Wizard. I have Windows 10 Home as my OS and am using 5.4.5.1 on 2 different machines. The second machine runs Win 7. I went to the You Tube Videos on how to create a web page and I saw OO has this function. Great!! However where I went to the pull down menu I do not see the Web Wizard. I installed Java JRE for 64 bit machines and saw OO 5 and higher works with this JRE version. What might I be missing or doing wrong here? Seems pretty straight forward. I have attached a print screen. This is the same menu I get on another PC I have which runs Win 7 + same OO version.
Thanks
Kmghondo
Attachments
Libre Office Wizard Menu.odt
(75.22 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
OpenOffice 5.4.5.1 on Windows 10 Home
RoryOF

Re: OO 5.4.5.1 - Web Wizard - None Shown in the Pull down me

Post by RoryOF »

The Web wizard is certainly in OO 4.1.5; you are using LibreOffice and the wizard may be elsewhere. Someone with LibreOffice experience may indicate where.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
kmghondo

Post by kmghondo »

Anybody out there in Libre Office-land who can answer my question regarding the location of the OO Web Wizard? See the attached print screen from the 1st post
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Do you have Java enabled - Tools | Options | LibreOffice | Java ??

Troubleshooting Java tells that the Web wizard needs Java enabled.

For future reference, you can upload a screenshot as is, without embedding it in another document, and it will display in your post.
 Edit: Seems LO 5 may not need Java for the Web wizard, but possibly still worth trying. 
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The Web Wizard and Presentation Wizard appear to have been removed from LO. An index search in Help for "wizards;overview" finds a list of 6 wizards. The Web Wizard and Presentation Wizard are missing from the list. The same list in AOO 4.1.5 shows the 6 wizards listed in LO plus the Web Wizard and the Presentation Wizard.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kmghondo

Post by kmghondo »

Thanks Villeroy....looks like its been dropped and the consensus there are better options out there today. Thanks for the info.