Text animation

Discuss the presentation application
RevNomad

Text animation

Post by RevNomad »

This has me frustrated. :evil:

I thought, at first, the the scroll through option for text animation would be perfect for showing large amount of text. I could set up the text to scroll through as the presenter leads the audience through the text. One example is song lyrics for group singing.

After working at this I've decided the text animation feature, as it now stands, is useless. The lack of control over speed, the inability to control text animation by click, and the arcane user interface have me stumped. Now it is certainly possible I'm missing the obvious. Which is why I'm asking for help here before posting an issue at openoffice.org. Issue tracker does not list this as a reported problem.

Thanks
NTP
Last edited by RevNomad on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OO.org 2.4 WinXP also OO.org 3 milestones
OOorg 2.4 Kubuntu 7.1 also OO.org 3 milestones
acknak

Re: Text animation

Post by acknak »

Your analysis is correct--at least I know of nothing to contradict it.

It's far worse for me: the scrolling text doesn't work at all in the presentation view.

I don't think Powerpoint is quite up to this either, which is why most folks (that I've seen) simply break up the lyrics and use separate slides with a manual advance. It would be difficult to properly synchronize a constantly-scrolling display in any case, I think.

If you're using an audio file from the computer for the music, I think there are "karaoke" programs that will display synchronized lyrics, but I don't know anymore about it than that.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RevNomad

Re: Text animation

Post by RevNomad »

Your analysis is correct--at least I know of nothing to contradict it.
While it is gratifying to be told I'm correct I was hoping to be wrong. Thanks for confirming the issue.
NTP
OO.org 2.4 WinXP also OO.org 3 milestones
OOorg 2.4 Kubuntu 7.1 also OO.org 3 milestones