[Solved] Insert Multiple Images?

Discuss the presentation application
arew264

[Solved] Insert Multiple Images?

Post by arew264 »

I have a slide show I need to make that is basically going to be 50 images, each on a slide. Is there any automated way of inserting them as a group, or do I have to put in all 50 manually?
Is there any way this could be scripted, if nothing else?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
acknak

Re: Insert Multiple Images?

Post by acknak »

There is no easy, built-in way to do this.

I would start by trying the "Impress Photo Album Creator" macro described in this article: Four great OpenOffice.org macros. There's a link in the article, but you'll have to make a couple of hops to get to the file. Here's a direct link: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=95976

Please let us know here how that works out.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
arew264

Post by arew264 »

That does exactly what I want, and because my pictures are literally named 1.tif...50.tif, it puts them in the correct order to.
It automagically sizes them to fit in the slide while keeping the aspect ratio... it just does everything.
I'm going to have to look at how that macro was made...
arnold

Re: [Solved] Insert Multiple Images?

Post by arnold »

This was very helpful to me too. Thanks a lot!!!

Arnold
RLIBob

Post by RLIBob »

Helped me too! Though for some reason not all of the images were in order. no problem however I used slide sorter. Sorting out was nowhere near as hard as d&d'ing 40+ images!
OOo 2.4.X on openSuse 11 + XP Vista
bwithage

Post by bwithage »

Thanks for the help. This tip saved me a great deal of time creating a slide show for our RV group. Highly recommended.
OOo 3.3.X on Ms Windows Vista
johnvk

Post by johnvk »

This worked for me also, 3 yrs later, in 2011. I posted a fairly detailed explanation of what i did here: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=450168
OOo 3.3.0 wxp sp3 as of Oct-2011
http://surrenderlove.posterous.com/
theseahagger

Post by theseahagger »

Guys I just dragged and dropped picture from explorer into Impress. Worked just fine :)
Open Office 3.4.1 on Windows 8
Libertychamp

Post by Libertychamp »

Not really solved. I am trying to insert more than 50 photos into a presentation one slide per photo. The zipped macro will not install not sure why, am using OO 4.15. Wasn't there an extension that allows you to do that?
OpenOffice 4.1
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if that helps:
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

arew264 wrote:... my pictures are literally named 1.tif ... 50.tif
Be careful about using TIF files as uncompressed TIF files are enormous.

You should always use JPG for photos and things like photos (eg landscape paintings); and PNG or GIF for graphics, clip art, diagrams and anything with text.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Libertychamp wrote:Not really solved.
Just do it manually by dragging each image file to the required slide. Centre the image and size it to the page size (keeping the aspect ratio).

All done quicker and with fewer keystrokes than downloading something and learning how to use it.

Be sure to give each image its own, separate anchor.
If you anchor more than one image on the same anchor images overlap, overlay and easily get lost. See the Tutorial above.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.