[Solved] Alternative to Modern Impress Templates for 4.1.5

Discuss the presentation application
AshleyVincent

[Solved] Alternative to Modern Impress Templates for 4.1.5

Post by AshleyVincent »

Hi! I recently installed Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on my iMac (macOS High Sierra 10.13.1). I’m fairly familiar with OpenOffice Writer, and now trying to figure out Impress for a presentation I’m putting together.

I’ve tried to install what appears to be one of the most popular extensions (Modern Impress Templates) from the OpenOffice website, but I cannot get it to work. On the download page it does actually say, “This extension was not updated recently. It might not work with latest versions of OpenOffice” so I’m guessing this template is not compatible with OpenOffice 4.1.5

If someone can please suggest another .oxt extension/template that is comparable with OpenOffice 4.1.5, that will give me a good number of background alternatives to choose from (as the Modern Impress Template does) I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Alternative to Modern Impress Templates for OpenOffice 4

Post by Zizi64 »

Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
AshleyVincent

Post by AshleyVincent »

Thanks for your assist Zizi. Not quite the single package .oxt file I was hoping for, but certainly some nice background templates to choose from :)

Do you happen to know how I can now install any/all of these single .otp files and save them so that I have them always in my Impress gallery to choose from?

Or if that's too much time on your part to explain, I'll be happy with a link to a YouTube tutorial that I could learn this from instead :)

Whatever the case, thanks again for trying to help :)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Post by erbsenzahl »

AshleyVincent wrote:how I can now install any/all of these single .otp files and save them so that I have them always in my Impress gallery to choose from?
In your program folder there should be one like this (Linux): share/template/common/presnt (Windows uses backslashes, if you work on this OS)
You need administrator/root-sudo rights to copy your otp files into that. So you can share with each user.
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Do you happen to know how I can now install any/all of these single .otp files and save them so that I have them always in my Impress gallery to choose from?
My first note is:
Why you need to "install" them? The templates are "document-like" files. You can open them anywhere from.

Second note:
The AOO/LO has a Template management feature:
File - Templates...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
AshleyVincent

Post by AshleyVincent »

Apologies for not replying to your question before. I would much prefer to have all the templates loaded into Impress so I can click through them in the Master Pages gallery while deciding which one/s look best for any particular page that I'm working on, instead of having to import each file separately, which would take a heck of a long time to upload and view one at a time being that there are 41 individual backgrounds to choose from.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
AshleyVincent

Post by AshleyVincent »

It's OK, I've figured it out! Thanks again for your input.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5