Equivalent of MS Publisher

Talk about anything at all....
alwyn

Equivalent of MS Publisher

Post by alwyn »

A friend who uses OO says that she has an OO equivalent of MS Publisher. She has a PC whereas I use an iMac. Can anybody enlighten me please?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 English UK on MacOS 10.10.1
RoryOF

Re: Equivalent of MS Publisher

Post by RoryOF »

OO Writer can do much layout equivalent to MS Publisher. For more detailed work, Scribus is often recommended. Since I switched from Windows and MS Office to linux ten years ago I have not needed to use Adobe Indesign or Pagemaker for layout, but my layouts (since then) have mostly been plain text book layout, with the exception of a few 32 page illustrated brochures, which OO Writer handled well. Try OO, it is free. If you don't find it suits, go back to Publisher.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
tonyjohn29

Re: Equivalent of MS Publisher

Post by tonyjohn29 »

In addition to RoryOF's Scribus, I would also like to recommend Publisher Plus for Mac, Pages and Swift Publisher as an alternative. Swift Publisher belongs to BeLight Software and it is a best alternative for Microsoft Publisher. However I would also recommend iStudio Publisher which is also a great alternative. You can read reviews for all these software here https://www.howali.com/2018/01/microsoft-publisher-for-mac.html

All of these software are compatible with Mac OS.
Last edited by robleyd on Mon May 28, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disable live link [robleyd, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10