Football/soccer

Discuss the database features
unkown error

Football/soccer

Post by unkown error »

Greetings, I am a newbie to all off this so I will appreciate any help you can give me. I am trying to make a football site with historical data from 1960's to present day. My goal is to make a database so example I can have Hakan Şükür and when you go to all his clubs he played for you can see his info on the squad page from that season. My player information will include Position(G D M A) Name(Hakan Şükür) Nat(TUR) Height(1.88) Weight(76) DOB(01/09/1971) Birth Place(Adapazarı). The clubs he played for are many and I would like him to show up on the national team too. How does one create such a database?
Apache OpenOffice 4 Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Football/soccer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

All those things you want are achievable using a database but you won't learn to design a database like that in a hour or two.
Look here for a tutorial on database design
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... torial.pdf
Here is a related example database
WorldCup.odb soccer database
Last edited by UnklDonald418 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
unkown error

Post by unkown error »

this link does not work
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... utorial.pd

thanks for reply and yes I know this takes time to learn however I learn better with youtube tutorials, do you know any?
Apache OpenOffice 4 Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11