[Solved] Lost OpenOffice with new OS updates

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Robbie J

[Solved] Lost OpenOffice with new OS updates

Post by Robbie J »

Last night I did the updates for my OS system. I have High Sierra 10.13.3. This morning, all I have on my dock for Open Office is a big question mark, and it will not open my files. I know nothing technical about computers, so if someone responds, please keep that in mind. If I press the question mark, it shows my recent files, but when I click on them...nothing. I desperately need a couple of them and I'm lost as to what to do.

Thank you for any assistance.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
I can't tell you my OpenOffice version because I can no longer access it. I just installed updates for High Sierra 10.13.3.
RoryOF

Re: Lost Open Office with new OS updates

Post by RoryOF »

If you have the file you downloaded to install OpenOffice, simply reinstall it. This will not delete your existing OO files.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Robbie J

Post by Robbie J »

I originally downloaded the program from OpenOffice.org, but looking at my options on the site, I'm not sure which one I need to reinstall. It doesn't look like any are currently compatible. I also can't seem to find the program on my Mac, but that's largely because I don't know where my program files are. I've looked in all the places I know to look.
I can't tell you my OpenOffice version because I can no longer access it. I just installed updates for High Sierra 10.13.3.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Probably you should choose the version for OSX (version >= 10.7) in lefthand selector; language option from the centre selector and 4.1.5 (default) on the righthand selector.
Robbie J

Post by Robbie J »

Thank you. I went to the site and did that, and got a pop-up that there is some kind of a problem that they are trying to fix. Hopefully, this is all on their end and will eventually resolve itself. I appreciate your help!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The site is currently offline. Try again later. I understand there may be a major site migration under way.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Robbie J wrote:I originally downloaded the program from OpenOffice.org, but looking at my options on the site, I'm not sure which one I need to reinstall. It doesn't look like any are currently compatible. I also can't seem to find the program on my Mac, but that's largely because I don't know where my program files are. I've looked in all the places I know to look.
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q04/A04 and Q03/A03.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Robbie J

Re: Lost OpenOffice with new OS updates

Post by Robbie J »

Thank you!!