[Solved] Delete Sheets Not In a List

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
stickman68

[Solved] Delete Sheets Not In a List

Post by stickman68 »

I've been playing with macro code for a day trying to figure out how to translate this bit of VBA code into an OO Basic macro without notable success. I know there has to be an easy way to do this but I'm not finding it...
VBA code:

Code: Select all

sub VBA_Original
	For i = Sheets.Count To 1 Step -1
        X = Application.Match(Sheets(i).Name, Worksheets("source info").Range("I2:I17"), 0)
        If IsError(X) Then
            Application.DisplayAlerts = False
            Sheets(i).Delete
            Application.DisplayAlerts = True
        End If
	Next
end sub
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by stickman68 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Windows 10/ LibreOffice 6.0.1 with MacOS 10.13 / LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Linux Mint 18
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Delete Sheets Not In a List

Post by Villeroy »

"Playing for a day" is a total waste of time. You could also let your cat walk over the keyboard until she wrote a poem by mere chance.
We are not the humanoid macro recorders for VBA snippets

3 options:
- learn how to program
- do your stuff manually
- stick with Excel
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
stickman68

Post by stickman68 »

Thanks for all the excellent help with your solution. I don't know how I didn't see it myself.
If you had bothered to look at my other post you would see that I can write a macro in OO Basic. I'm just missing something here.
LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Windows 10/ LibreOffice 6.0.1 with MacOS 10.13 / LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Linux Mint 18
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

sx = ThisComponent.getSheets()
a() = sx.getElementNames() 'simple array of names
rg = sx.getByName("source info").getCellRangeByName("I2:I17")
b() = rg.getDataArray() 'nested array of row values
uba = uBound(a())
ubb = uBound(b())
for i = 0 to uba
  for j = 0 to ubb
    if a(i) = b(j)(0) then exit for
  next j
  if j > ubb then sx.removeByName(a(i))
next i
The tricky part is that the DataArray b() is a nested array of the rows in one column. When you inspect the variable, you see that each element in b is another array with one element (because there is only one column in each row) and b(j)(0) addresses the first element of element b(j) which is the cell value or string.
When the loop runs until the last element without calling the "exit for" clause, j is by one greater than the uBound of array b() which means that the name a(i) was not found in b() in which case we remove the element named a(i) from the sheets collection sx.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
stickman68

Post by stickman68 »

:bravo: Wow! I would have never seen the two array solution. I was hung up on finding a replacement for the match function.
Thanks! :super:

Any idea why it exits the sub when it hits the objSheets.removeByName(aNames(i))

While numSheets > numRows 

for i = 0 to ubaNames
			for j = 0 to ubaRows
				if aNames(i) = aRows(j)(0) then 
					exit for
				end if
	 		next j
			if j > ubaRows then
				print aNames(i)
				objSheets.removeByName(aNames(i))
			end if
		next i
    	numSheets = objSheets.Count
    wend
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] - Delete Sheets Not In a List

Post by Villeroy »

stickman68 wrote:Any idea why it exits the sub when it hits the objSheets.removeByName(aNames(i))
Only you can find out. The Basic debugging tools are the same as in VBA. I guess it is because NOT(numSheets > numRows)