[Solved] KDE Open/Save dialogs not responding

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
cyberclaus

[Solved] KDE Open/Save dialogs not responding

Post by cyberclaus »

I have exact the same problems here. It seems to be a bug that is independent on which os I'm using (openSuSE 10.3 or openSuSE 11.0) and independent on the version of OpenOffice.org I'm using (the one for openSuSE or the 'official' one').

I asked myself it is has to do something with the path. The application tries to find the routines for the "file open" or "file save" dialogs and cannot find them. When ooo hangs you can see two tasks running and one has "vmsize 0" and no cpu-time.

It should be possible to find out where the problem is, if one could trace ooo. Is there a way to do this? What do I need? How is it done?

Thanks in advance.
Greets
 Edit: Hagar: split the thread from initial topic, not related to this issue. 
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 3.0.X on openSuse 11
Hagar Delest

Re: openSUSE 11.0, OOo stops responding to keyboard input

Post by Hagar Delest »

cyberclaus wrote:The application tries to find the routines for the "file open" or "file save" dialogs and cannot find them. When ooo hangs you can see two tasks running and one has "vmsize 0" and no cpu-time.
It may be another problem: try to use the OOo dialogs (Tools>Options>OOo>General, Load/Save dialogs).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
cyberclaus

Re: openSUSE 11.0, OOo stops responding to keyboard input

Post by cyberclaus »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
cyberclaus wrote:The application tries to find the routines for the "file open" or "file save" dialogs and cannot find them. When ooo hangs you can see two tasks running and one has "vmsize 0" and no cpu-time.
It may be another problem: try to use the OOo dialogs (Tools>Options>OOo>General, Load/Save dialogs).
Ha, this works for me. I'm happy again and my day is saved. Thanks.

I still got the strange feeling that it has to do something with the right path. I use KDE 3.5.9 (release 65.1). Maybe it would be better under KDE4 or KDE4.1. Anyway. It runs.
OOo 3.0.X on openSuse 11
greenla

Re: [Solved] KDE Open/Save dialogs not responding

Post by greenla »

I have seen this recommendation in several places. I wish I could take it up... but on my OOo 2.4.1 under Suse 10.3, Tools>Options>OOo>General brings up a set of options that does not include changing my Load/Save dialogs. Nor can I find that option elsewhere in the Tools>Options tree. Is there a package missing or something, or a config file I can hand-edit, so I can use the OOo dialogs? This crash-on-file-select thing is driving me nuts. TIA, -Lee
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I think it's because you use the distro version of OOo. Try the official version from the OOo web site.
Rieper

Post by Rieper »

just migrated to OO.o 3.0.0-rc4 and the same happens.
I am running a Debian sid (sidux) with OOo3 from the experimental branch (and the latest kde4.1.2).
the built-in dialog works, but after unchecking the box (probably using the openoffice.org-kde stuff) crashes the whole OOo3.
the buil-in dialog really is lacking bookmarks etc, thats why i really like to have the kde-native.
(it worked with OOo2.4).

i am happy to provide additional information if needed.
OOo 3.0.X on Debian
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you played with the different packages? Try to remove the openoffice.org...gtk one perhaps.