Toolbars automatically open or close

Discuss the drawing application
CatBookWriter

Toolbars automatically open or close

Post by CatBookWriter »

I don't want the Lines and Colors toolbar so I closed it. After closing out of Draw, I reopened the program and saw that toolbar again. The opposite happened with some toolbars I did want. The Fontworks, Frame, Table, and 3D Settings toolbars are some I'm seeing disappear wehn I reopen Draw. The only solution I could figure out was create new toolbars with many of the same buttons. Is this supposed to happen? I switched from Libre Office to Open Office because of this and it made no difference.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Toolbars automatically open or close

Post by Zizi64 »

The Fontworks, Frame, Table, and 3D Settings toolbars are some I'm seeing disappear wehn I reopen Draw.
Some of these toolbars have a "dinamic appearing" property: maybe they are switched ON, but they only will be appeared when a relevant object is selected.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

That makes no sense. I have to use the toolbars to create an object to select.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

CatBookWriter wrote:That makes no sense. I have to use the toolbars to create an object to select.
Often an object (e,g, a table) is created from a menu entry on the main menu bar. When that table is clicked on, the Table toolbar pops up.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Some toolbars are context sensitive. For example in Writer when you are in a table and switch off the toolbar, then it will stop to pop up automatically afterward. You have to be in a table and display it again to retrieve the automatic behavior.
Not sure how to do the same with non-context sensitive toolbars however.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

RoryOF wrote:
CatBookWriter wrote:That makes no sense. I have to use the toolbars to create an object to select.
Often an object (e,g, a table) is created from a menu entry on the main menu bar. When that table is clicked on, the Table toolbar pops up.
The thing is there are object insert buttons on toolbars. If you have to use a menu to create a table, the existence of that toolbar button is pointless. I created a new table toolbar just for that.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

So now you are happy? Everyone works in a different way.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

RoryOF wrote:So now you are happy? Everyone works in a different way.
I am happy about my new toolbars not disappearing, but not seeing the Lines and Colors toolbar every single time.