Adding pdf edit extension

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
deano510

Adding pdf edit extension

Post by deano510 »

Ive been trying to add an extension to edit pdf files in open office. I get the error "Loading component library failed" I've tried 3 or 4 times with NO success. Can anyone make this work for me?

Dean
open office 4.1.5 on windows 10
robleyd

Re: Adding pdf edit extension

Post by robleyd »

Exactly what extension is that, and how are you trying to add it?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
deano510

Post by deano510 »

It's exactly an open office extension to edit pdf files in Open Office.

Cean
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

In order that someone might better help you, I was asking to find out more detail on what extension you have, and exactly what steps you had tried to install it. The information you have provided is not very detailed.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
deano510

Post by deano510 »

If I had more detail I wouldn't be asking for help. I don't have any extension, I have Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10. I want to install an extension to edit PDF files on Open Office.

Dean
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Ive been trying to add an extension to edit pdf files in open office. I get the error "Loading component library failed" I've tried 3 or 4 times with NO success.
I'm not sure what this means if you don't have an extension you are trying to add. However, if you don't yet have the extension, perhaps try this page to obtain the actual extension.

This web search will help if you need guidance on installing AOO extensions. More information about importing PDF files with AOO can be found in this forum search for information about working with PDF files in AOO.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It would help if you told us the name and location of the extension; reading your original post I interpreted it to mean (as I think did robleyd) that you were writing your own extension.

If it is the pdf edit extension at PDF Import it is important to ensure that you download the correct version for your operating system, Check that Internet Explorer has not silently renamed this to type .zip (or something else). If so, rename it to .oxt; then double click it and OpenOffice should proceed to install it.

Be aware that its editing facilities are severely limited - one could make small cosmetic changes to a pdf file, but it is not suitable for use as a viewer for large PDF files or for serious restructuring and rebuilding of a PDF file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I want to install an extension to edit PDF files on Open Office.
The "PDF_editor" extension is bundled to the installer file of the LibreOffice, and it will installed automatically together with the LO.

But you must know the next fact about this extension:

The pdf editor extension is not a full featured text editor for the pdf files. You will able to open the PDF files in the Draw application, and you will able make some cosmetics only.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.