Apostrophes

Discuss the word processor
thomassteel

Apostrophes

Post by thomassteel »

My OO Writer has suddenly changed the form of apostrophe which I use & prefer, to a small vertical symbol. Will someone be kind enough to tell me how to change this back? Thanks. Thomas Steel
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: apostrophes

Post by Zizi64 »

Tools - Autocorrect - Localized Options - Single quotes
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
thomassteel

Re: Apostrophes

Post by thomassteel »

Thank you, Tibor. When I reach Localised options>Single quotes, I see my preference listed with its U number, but I can't see what to do to make my change happen. Should I check or uncheck 'Replace'? What other clicks do I need to make at that stage. Nothing I've tried here changes anything. TS
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Changes there won't affect existing characters; alter the settings for future quotes and for existing quotes that are not what you want, Find/Replace is the tool you need.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A few careful Find and Replace passes should sort all your quotes back to the way you wish. F&R is so fast the few passes you need can be worked out and executed in two or three minutes; it is not worth the effort of trying to work out a Regular Expression to do all the replaces in one fell swoop. You may need to Copy/Paste the quotes to be found or replaced into the Find or Replace boxes, as they do not copy direct from /Insert /Special characters.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS