[Solved] Charts problem even in OOo 4.1.5

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Peter80

[Solved] Charts problem even in OOo 4.1.5

Post by Peter80 »

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to apologize if I make mistakes in English as I am a native Dutch speaker.
Just like some of you I had the problem that after saving (and closing) an ods-file in MACOS I can't see the charts anymore. When I select chart and drag it a bit to make it larger, I can see my chart for just a second, but then it disappears again.

I already updated to version 4.1.5 and tried to renew my profile but the problem stil consists.

Hopefully someone can help me to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Peter
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.5 on Mac OS 10.13.2
MrProgrammer

Re: Charts problem even in OOo 4.1.5

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Peter80 wrote:I had the problem that after saving (and closing) an ods-file in MACOS I can't see the charts anymore.
You should review Issue 127568 - Diagrams become corrupt (not retrievable) when Calc document is saved for Mac OS X. Try to reproduce the problem by creating a chart in 4.1.5, saving, and opening in 4.1.5. If the chart is missing the developers should be advised of that. You are more likely to get the problem addressed if you supply proper documentation, as shown in the discussion of the problem in the issue. As I read the issue, charts created in 4.1.4 on Mac OS X were not saved, hence upgrading to 4.1.5 won't make them appear again.

[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions

All charts disappeared
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).