[Solved] Auto Spell Check Not Working

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
rojohol

[Solved] Auto Spell Check Not Working

Post by rojohol »

OpenOffice v4.1.2 with Windows 10. I went to "Help" in the program's tool bar and, was advised to intall the curent verision "Java Runtime Environment". I have done this but Auto Spell Check is still not working. How do I "communicate" to OpenOffice that JRE is now available on my computer? :(
Last edited by rojohol on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Auto Spell Check Not Working

Post by RusselB »

Please ensure that you have the latest 32 bit version of Java installed.
Most Windows 10 systems are 64 bit, and installers will default to using a 64 bit version.
However, OpenOffice is a 32 bit program and uses the 32 bit version of Java. It will not work with the 64 bit versions.
There have been no problems, that I'm aware of, with having both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java installed on the same system.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rojohol

Re: Auto Spell Check Not Working

Post by rojohol »

Thank you RusselB! I did not know that OO is a 32 bit program and NEEDS the 32 bit version of Java. (It would have been nice if "OO Help" had mentioned this.)
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10