How to distribute a new default template?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
lainen

How to distribute a new default template?

Post by lainen »

Hi there, we have recently started to test Open Office in our organisation to see if it is an option to replace Microsoft Office. After some testing we realized that we should make a new default template for every user because the default font etc doesn't follow our graphic profile, and now i need some help.

Is there an easy way to distribute a new default template to all the clients without reinstalling Open Office or manually choosing a new standard template?

EDIT: We are running a Microsoft Active Directory 2003 environment and Windows XP clients.
Last edited by lainen on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lainen

Re: How to distribute a new default template?

Post by lainen »

I just want to add that i've read and understand the premise of setting a default template (read the excellent on-point guide here: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =71&t=1161), this is for larger scaled distribution of Open Office settings/templates.

Thanks in advance for any input!

PS. If any of you have some other tips/experiences on using Open Office in a distributed/centralized environment then i would be really glad if you would share some insights ;)
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

What about a script launched at user login that copy the new template from a dedicated location to the user OOo profile?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
lainen

Post by lainen »

Thanks for the input, scripting is what i've had in mind but i wanted to check if there were any "standardized" ways to do this. Im going to test this probably next week so i'll post what we eventually did and solve the post if it worked.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP