[Solved] I can't download OpenOffice 4.1.5

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
LenaN

[Solved] I can't download OpenOffice 4.1.5

Post by LenaN »

When I try to download OpenOffice, I get the message: "It is not possible to run the app on this computer. Look if you can find a version for this computer at the program software publishers."
What to do? I have Windows 10 and my computer is one year old.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: I can't download OpenOffice 4.1.5

Post by floris v »

Welcome to the forum. You probably downloaded an install file for Linux or Apple OS. Can you post the actual file name here?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can use the button bottom right of this page.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
LenaN

Post by LenaN »

I don't think so. The file I tried to download was called: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 Wi n x86 install en US. When this didn't function I also tried to install an earlier version, 4.1.2, but just got the same answer.
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Maybe the downloaded file is corrupt. What's the file size?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

LenaN wrote:... I get the message: "It is not possible to run the app on this computer."
Please check the error message and post it exactly as it appears. A Google search for "It is not possible to run the app on this computer" finds only this thread. It should find thousands.

You used the word "run" in the message. Is the message appearing when downloading or when running? Those are two different steps. Exactly what steps did you take that produced the message?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
LenaN

Post by LenaN »

Thank you all!
Suddenly the downloading had just happened, in spite of the message. Problem solved!
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10