Help Crash

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Ironmanxp

Help Crash

Post by Ironmanxp »

Each time I attempt to open the Help Menu, the program crashes and starts the recovery, doesn't matter if its an existing file or newly opened blank spreadsheet. If you can't answer that, how about my help question which is, how to turn off the hyperlink feature so that every url written isn't highlighted with a hyperlink. Just want plain text.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Help Crash

Post by FJCC »

Try resetting your user profile. Shutdown OpenOffice. Open any folder and in the address bar near the top enter
%appdata%\openoffice\4
That should take you to a folder containing a folder named user. Rename that to user_old and restart OpenOffice. You should get the registration screen. Is OpenOffice stable now?

I think you can get rid of the URL recognition by going to the menu Tools -> AutoCorrect Options. On the Options tab remove the selection from URL recognition.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Ironmanxp

Post by Ironmanxp »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Well that fixed the Help Menu problem, but still can't find a way to turn off the hyperlink recognition. I changed it in the AutoCorrect options, but that didn't change it. Even exited and reloaded, still get a highlighted link for all www. @.com locations. I'll browse the Help Menu now for any other possible information. Thanks
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The AutoCorrect Options suggestion did work for me just now. To be clear, changing that will not change previously detected URLs but prevents new URLs from being highlighted.
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Ironmanxp

Post by Ironmanxp »

Well I guess thats something, althought I have a rather large file I was hoping to clear of all the urls.. Maybe a mass import?
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You may be able find the URLs with FInd & Replace, If so, after you Find All, you can use Ctrl + M to apply default formatting. Do all of your URLs end in .com or fit some other pattern?